Thursday, April 12, 2012

Everyone, Back on the Bus

Willpower I may have in ample supply, but my reserve of patience runs at a constant, unerring deficiency. This would be why I had to step away from the Science Experiment. To recap, I lost 8 pounds in the first four protocol days. I lost 3 pounds in the second six protocol days. And, 0 pounds in the third six days following the protocol. This disappointment sent me into a tailspin of aggravation. For the next week, while waiting on a response from the protocol's designer, I ate as I typically would and did Crossfit exercises and maintained the expected 2 pound gain.

I never did receive an answer from the protocol's designer. He passed the girl off onto his community, which seems to be littered with people who either don't read, or don't pay attention to the situation as it was described. Finally a shining light shown in the darkness, expressed his own experiences with the protocol, and restored hope that the science project would not be a bust.

As of Monday, I re-donned the lab coat and got back to work. Following some of Mr. Shining Light's suggestions, I'm fully back to ingesting white, off white, and yellow pills. And, come this next Eat Day, I will be consuming far more carbohydrate calories. As it was explained to me, I would pretty much need to make eating my "job" for Sunday. Again, this worries me. But I have to give it an honest shot to see this Science Experiment to its end. Thirty days in and I do not see that end. At this point I should have lost 30 some odd pounds. That simply is not the case. We will have to see how this slightly altered direction shifts the experiment. Let's cross our slide rules as a demonstration of hope.

Day thirty of 90. I would guess less than half the expected result.

No comments:

Post a Comment