Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Eat Day + 3

It's been three days since my Eat Day, and I'm feeling a bit annoyed. You see, in the first three days, there was a noticeable change. You could see that I'd lost a few pounds even though it wasn't a lot. These past three days, nothing. It doesn't feel or look like anything is changing at all. If the two pounds a day thing was still happening, minus Sunday and Monday... I should be down at least 10 pounds. And it just doesn't feel like that to me at all.

Now I'll admit here the loss is probably just subtle and I'll never really be able to see something significant, like the first 3 days, again. You have those hopes though. But right now, the only real change I seem to be able to gauge since last Friday is that I'm suffering from a lot more pimples. The woman says it's the body expelling toxins; and, I get that. But, it doesn't frustrate me any less. It makes me feel (and look) ridiculous.

So how did the Eat Day go? Well a minor cold crept in (probably because my body is busy trying to deal with this fasting scientific system and didn't really have the resources to keep my typical high immunity in tact). So I couldn't really taste the food to the extent I would have liked. My fears about over eating were quickly dismissed though, as the size of my stomach, and thus my ability to consume mass quantities, had significantly decreased. I did manage to get in one more meal before my self-imposed cut off time of midnight. That extra meal could have possibly had a direct impact on my weight loss over the next two days. I dunno. I just don't feel like the last three days have been successful. There are a boatload of other factors that probably apply here as well. You know, the usual: stress, frustration, a cold.

We'll just have to wait and see though as I don't intend to weigh myself again until Sunday morning before I break my fast.

Day eight of 90. Feeling a bit "success"-less.

4 comments:

  1. Woody,

    Good luck! On the off chance you're willing to consider alternative methods, take a look at the movie: Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead by Joe Cross. Its available on instant stream on Netflix if you have it or Amazon Instant video as well.

    To save you time, the emphasis is on juice fasting (for a time) and integrating a lot more vegetables in your diet. No tricks here, just common sense.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw the movie. Bought several books that outline and support the concept. Taks bought a phenomenal juicer. Did a day of it, calculated out the sheer cost of produce, the amount of waste, and the chance of making a juice I couldn't stomache... I moved away from it. It also flies in the face of the Primal/Paleo style of eating my family typically practices. I do appreciate you mentioning 'Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead' though, because it is a fantastic idea otherwise.

      Delete
  2. Don't get discourage if you don't see any weight loss for a few days. A few years back I lost 45 pounds in 6 months. I didn't do any crazy diets or starve myself. I just cut back on calories, fat and the big 4th meal I was eating everyday before bed and some light exercise. Also, I just checked my weight every 2 weeks. Checking everyday made me get discouraged quick. Give your self a free day. Every Friday or Saturday I ate what I wanted, but cut the portion down by half. I hope this few tips help but your mileage may vary....GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Discouragement isn't a concern as it's simply an expected part of the process. Please be aware though that I do not consider this a diet. I consider this a science experiment. I have hopes for the outcome, but I'm not inclined to apply too much emotion to the outcome. Thanks in any case for your kind words and well wishes.

      Delete